We are a 501(c)3 non-profit rescue organization that comes through for the animals in times of need with a focus on natural disasters. We also advocate for the animals through massive public awareness campaigns, innovative grassroots activism , and effective vegan support programs. We believe in the inherent worth of all animals, as well as environmental protection and improved public health. Our effective approach is through public education and animal placement.
1) We educate the public about the realities of factory farms and slaughterhouses. The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from our enemies. Most people haven’t made the connection between farm and plate. For example, here in the U.S. our culture feels that is appropriate to pet a cat yet shoot a deer. Or hug a dog yet slaughter a pig. These are all learned behaviors and we are brought up in a world where we learn at an early age that this ideology is not only normal but acceptable. And that is very unfortunate. We have been conditioned and desensitized by a violent culture. We also educate the public about the realities of the Big meat and dairy industry. Just like Big tobacco and Big Pharma, the meat and dairy industry have a monetary agenda. They have been misleading the world for many years now. Red meat is a group 2 carcinogen and processed meat is a group 1 carcinogen along with the likes of Arsenic, Asbestos, Plutonium and Tobacco. This information is provided by the American Cancer Society or Cancer.org and on the World Health Organization (WHO) website. A group of 22 experts (doctors and scientists) from 10 countries concluded with over 800 studies that consuming red meat and processed meat causes cancer. So why do they serve hot dogs and other red meat in the hospital cafeterias if what their serving is causing cancer? Another fact to consider is this. According to the new report by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approximately 80% of all antibiotics used in the United States are fed to farm animals.
2) We help with placement of both wild animals (livestock) and domesticated (pets). We have a wide network of sanctuaries and safe homes across the US that we work with to help with displaced animals of all species. We help in connecting an animal in need to a prospecting home given the specific details and circumstances. From emergency to elective placement, our goal is to exhaust all possible routes and resources to rest assure no stone is left unturned. We help in facilitating the transition for the animal(s) to their new home as smooth as possible.
3) We help with proactive solutions. We promote spaying and neutering of your pets as that’s really the best solution to keeping them from being a victim of unfortunate circumstances. Neglect, homelessness, lack of medical care, hunger, and premature euthanasia are just a few of the atrocities that our fury family members face when either displaced or live in an unhealthy environment. Our goal is to help as many animals as possible achieve happier and healthier lives. The only proactive solution for our animals, our health, and our planet is to embrace a vegan lifestyle and plant based diet. So we definitely encourage everyone to start approaching this way of life as it is the most optimal way.
- Raise public awareness of the tragedy of animal agriculture, primarily by showing graphic footage of animal abuse in factory farms and slaughterhouses and by exposing true realities that animals endure.
- Promote the true health benefits and merits of a plant based diet.
- Motivate, educate, inspire, and activate people who are concerned about animal abuse, environmental devastation, and threats to public health.
We do animals rescues primarily in natural disasters and network with other animal rescue groups quite often. Some activities that we support and contribute but are not limited to are
Classes on handling and caring for animals
Passing out flyers and leaflets (information on veganism and animal abuse)
Trips to dairy farms to dialogue with Big meat & dairy first hand
Vegan potlucks and group get together for some vegan comfort food
Volunteer work such as picking up trash, community volunteer work
We feel as you do: that no animal deserves to live a life of pain and suffering, deprived of love and companionship of family, only to meet a terrifying and unnecessary death.