My name is Christina, and my fiancé and I share a sincere passion and love for animals. Ever since I was a little girl growing up in Kansas, it has always been my dream to help save animals and protect the integrity of their natural environment. As the years went by, I always felt like something was missing. The feeling of not doing enough. I’ve always wanted to play an active role in helping, but how was my only question. In late 2014, while reading a Facebook post, about the annual slaughter of dolphins in Taiji Japan, it became ever so clear how horrific the meat industry really is. So throughout 2015 I continued my research into animal abuse through online research, books and talking to experts in the agriculture industry. It was later in that same year that I watched the documentaries “Cowspiracy” and “Forks Over Knives”, about the environmental and nutritional benefits of a plant based diet. Then finally after watching “Earthlings”, which is another documentary about the violence and horrors of meat and dairy industry, detailing the facts from farm to plate, I made my decision to become vegan. In January 2016 my fiancé decided to embrace the life change which only brought our hearts closer together. And since we both share the same desires in helping animals, well one thing led to another and our “Ah Ha” moment was realized, and so we decided to create a nonprofit as our way of playing a part in this uphill battle. Animal Life Society!
Animal Life Society advocates being proactive in saving animals lives through education with emphasis on the importance’s of spaying and neutering our pets. ALS also teaches respect and compassion for all animal life by providing education on preventing cruelty and neglect to animals across the United States with our primary focus being in the greater Kansas City area.
Its simple, to save them all. Pessimists will say “That’s Crazy”. But that’s never going to stop us from trying. With our passion, drive and lead by example approach, we feel that every little bit helps and giving up is just not an option. Through contributions and donations, we feel we can make an impact on animal welfare via spaying, neutering, feeding hungry pets, helping with medical needs and by leading and giving direction to those with a shear desire to learn to be proactive as oppose to being reactive. It’s our lifelong dream to eventually open an animal sanctuary to where we could take in old, abused,
sick, or unwanted animals and provide them with a safe and loving environment. If you share our passion and love for our furry family members, than please join us on our crusade to save them all!
What We Do
- We will help with placement for displaced animals through our network of No Kill shelters, animal sanctuaries and or prospective families.
- We will help with locating a vet close to your area that either offers low or discounted costs for spaying and neutering of pets.
- Our goal is to help pay for medical needs contingent upon current monetary resources and donations. Note: Other factors on financial assistance and how we prioritize our financial efforts will be case by case as to severity and urgency of medical needs necessary. All decisions are at the discretion of ALS.
- We will assist in providing food and or resources to accommodate your pets dietary needs..
- We constantly provide information and literature addressing educational facts and resources on helping your pets achieve happier and healthier lives